Lisa Hilbert

Metall Zug AG aquires adaptronic Prüftechnik GmbH

The Schleuniger Holding AG, which belongs to the Swiss industrial group Metall Zug, acquires the German adaptronic Prüftechnik GmbH. sonntag corporate finance advised the seller.
Adaptronic Prüftechnik GmbH is innovation and market leader for high-quality electronic test systems and adaptation solutions in the growth market e-Mobility.

sonntag was consulted by the seller on existing negotiations with interested parties. More and more frequently, we are commissioned at an advanced stage of the transaction. Usually, we conduct an anonymous market value determination for the entrepreneurs in advance in order to then determine the market value of the company.

The company, which is established on the high-tech market, has recorded strong growth in recent years and generated sales of around EUR 14 million in 2016. The interest of strategic investors in this emerging market was correspondingly high.

Even before the final signing of the purchase contract, both parties intensively discussed the strategic integration of adaptronic into the Metall Zug Group. A total of 60% of the shares were transferred to the Schleuniger Holding AG. The remaining 40% continue to be held by the shareholders Peter Müller and Stefan Friedrich.

Mr. Peter Müller commented on the sale of the company as follows:
“In conjunction with the Schleuniger Group, adaptronic will benefit from a global sales footprint and thereby drive forward the targeted internationalization, which is particularly interesting in the context of our leading position in the high-voltage sector, which will become significantly more important thanks to the global e-mobility trend .”

Christoph Schüpbach, CEO of the Wire Processing division of the Metall Zug Group, also commented on the transaction:
“As part of our 2025 strategy, we were actively seeking opportunities for external growth and consolidation of our business through targeted M&A transactions, particularly our best-in-test approach, and with the acquisition of adaptronic, we will complement Schleuniger Test’s product offerings Automation GmbH in an ideal way. We thus strengthen our scope of services along different customer value chains and especially in view of the megatrend e-mobility. “
We are pleased about this successful transaction and congratulate both seller and buyer.